All the skills and tools you need to make buildings sustainable, resilient and healthy.
GPRO is a certificate program that teaches the people who build, renovate and operate buildings how to integrate high-performance practices into their everyday work. Working with unions, educational institutions, USGBC chapters, nonprofits, workforce development groups, and construction and real estate firms throughout North America, we’ve trained over 20,000 building professionals to date.
We’ve trained over 20,000 tradespeople, building operators and other professionals
We’ve taught courses in more than 100 cities
GPRO classes offer trade-specific sustainability training
- Learn how to incorporate systems thinking into your work.
- Craft customized action plans to improve your skills.
- Learn from certified GPRO instructors, who are experienced industry professionals.
- Earn a valued credential, the GPRO Certificate, by passing the short certificate exam.
- Find user-friendly study materials, resources and additional on-demand courses on the Urban Green Education Portal.
Delivery and instructors
Urban Green partners with other nonprofits, trade unions, contractors, industry associations, governments and educational institutions to deliver GPRO training in the U.S. and Canada. We’re always looking for more partners and instructors!
GPRO Fundamentals of Building Green
Learn strategies for making buildings efficient, healthy and resilient.
GPRO Operations & Maintenance Essentials
Learn strategies to reduce energy use while improving tenant comfort and health.
GPRO Construction Management
Learn sustainability best practices and actionable strategies for every phase of construction.
NYC Next: Trends for a Changing City
June 8, 2023
At our 2023 conference, we’re bringing together experts to explain three key trends that will shape the future of NYC.