Learn how to make buildings efficient, healthy and resilient!
What is this course about?
Buildings have a huge impact on the world around us. Compared to conventional buildings, high-performance buildings emit less carbon, reduce our footprint on the environment and improve our well-being.
In GPRO Fundamentals, you’ll discover the connections between building systems and the foundational strategies for making them more sustainable. Whether you want to make changes to your building or are starting a career in the building industry, you’ll walk away with a new understanding of the built environment and the incredible difference that small changes can make.
What will you learn?
By the end of this training, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the relationship between buildings and climate change
- Understand the basic elements of high-performance construction and building operations
- Describe the role of trades on high-performance job sites
- Describe energy-consuming building systems and a high-level overview of the strategies to reduce building energy use
of students say they would recommend GPRO training to a coworker or friend
Who is this course for?
This training is ideal for anyone who needs a better understanding of high-performance building, including:
- Sales or administrative staff who work in real estate, construction, architecture or engineering
- Workforce development providers
- Facilities and operations staff
- Students interested in entering the building or construction industry
Students are saying…
“GPRO Fundamentals of Building Green has provided me with the insight and knowledge base needed to catapult myself into a new career and confidently interact with others in the field.”Keely L, Los Angeles
What should you expect?
GPRO Fundamentals is a 4-6 hour training that is taught live, either in-person or remotely, by a highly knowledgeable instructor with industry experience. You are encouraged to ask questions and participate during classroom discussions and activities.
After completing the training, you can earn a GPRO Fundamentals Certificate by passing a 25-question multiple-choice exam. GPRO Fundamentals qualifies for 4 AIA and GBCI Credits.