Learn strategies for making buildings efficient, healthy and resilient.
In GPRO Fundamentals of Building Green, students will learn how to see buildings differently and understand foundational strategies that make them efficient, healthy and resilient.
This course is ideal for anyone who needs a better understanding of high-performance building, including:
- Sales or administrative staff who work in real estate, construction, architecture or engineering.
- Workforce development providers
- Facilities and operations staff
- College students interested in entering the building or construction industry
This half-day course can be scheduled to meet the needs of your organization. To earn a GPRO Fundamentals certificate, students must pass a 25-question multiple choice exam.
What students learn
- The relationship between buildings and climate change
- Basic elements of green, high-performance construction and building operations
- Roles of trades on high-performance job sites
- Energy-consuming building systems and a high-level overview of strategies to reduce building energy use
Continuing education credits
GPRO Fundamentals qualifies for 4 AIA and GBCI CE Credits.