Learn sustainability best practices and actionable strategies for every phase of construction.
Low-carbon, energy-efficient construction will play a critical role in meeting increasingly stringent local and national building performance codes. These projects will require an understanding of new technologies, processes, and improved coordination across disciplines. GPRO Construction Management provides practitioners with sustainability best practices and actionable strategies for every phase of construction, as well as how to avoid common mistakes.
This course is ideal for a range of construction professionals, including:
- Construction Managers
- General Contractors
- Experienced tradespersons
- Trade Forepersons
- Owner’s Representatives
- Project Managers and Site Superintendents
- Students and apprentices in construction fields
Taught by highly knowledgeable industry professionals, participants will leave the course with practical steps to direct and manage successful, sustainable, and cost-effective projects.
To earn a GPRO Construction Management certificate, students must take a one-day live training, pass a 30-question multiple-choice exam, and complete three online electives that are most relevant to their work
What students learn
- How to navigate sustainability processes during each phase of a construction project.
- Key coordination issues and documentation requirements that are unique to high performance construction at each stage of a building project.
- Core project team activities that ensure building performance.
- How to communicate sustainable construction processes to subcontractors and trades.
- Typical pre- and post-construction activities on high performance building projects.
Continuing education credits
GPRO Construction Management qualifies for 7 PDH, AIA and GBCI credits. Three electives are required and will be online self-paced trainings that will vary in length (about 30-60 minutes each) and range in credits.