Continuing Education Credits
Introducing the newest version of GPRO Fundamentals!
Join us on May 18th to hear the updated material and have a chance to interface with current and prospective GPRO partners and instructors. To learn more about the update, check out the new course description below:
Understanding green building fundamentals is the building block of all GPRO training; all our trade-specific courses begin here. But what if you’re not a tradesperson or building operator and would like to have a better understanding of green building? That’s where GPRO Fundamentals comes in.
This updated course is ideal for a range of audiences, including:
- Sales or administrative staff who work in real estate, construction, architecture or engineering
- Workforce development providers
- Facilities and operations support staff
- College students interested in entering the building and construction industry
Fundamentals explains how different systems work together to make buildings efficient, healthy and resilient, as well as where the green building industry is headed.
If you’re not already a GPRO Certificate Holder, you will have a chance to take the GPRO Fundamentals exam at the conclusion of this session.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
- Overview of green building strategies
- Economic and health benefits of green building
- Causes and impacts of a changing climate on buildings
- Transitioning to sustainable construction practices
- Complying with green codes and standards
- Understanding LEED
- The importance of building commissioning (systems quality assurance)
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
GPRO Fundamentals qualifies for 4 AIA and GBCI CE Credits.
See gpro.org/faq for details.