SUSTAINABLE BUILDINGS FOR A SUSTAINABLE EARTH
Urban Green Council’s mission is to transform buildings for a sustainable future in New York City and around the world. We focus on solutions for buildings, which account for 66 percent of New York City’s carbon emissions. With this in mind, Urban Green played a major role in passing NYC’s Local Law 97, the most ambitious building emissions legislation enacted by any city anywhere.
We target influential professionals—real estate owners, property managers, builders, engineers, architects and government officials, to name a few—rather than the general public. “Influencing the influencers” allows us to drive change through a very small portion of New York State’s 20 million residents with policies, research and programs that have a national and international impact.
Founded in 2002, Urban Green is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit. We look to individuals, organizations, foundations and government to support our critical climate change work. For more information, please contact email@example.com or 212.514.9385 x 138.
- Make a donation online!
- Join the Trust for Urban Green by making a donation of $1,000 or more. Trust benefits include Urban Green membership, invitations to exclusive special events and recognition in our Annual Report.
- Donate 0.5 percent of eligible purchases through AmazonSmile.
- Make a Gift of Appreciated Stock. Your gift of securities will entitle you to a federal charitable deduction when you itemize your tax returns, and you may deduct the full fair market value of your gift if you have held the securities for at least one year. In addition, you will avoid paying capital gains tax on all stock that you chose to donate to Urban Green Council. To make a gift of stock, please instruct your broker or bank to contact us at 212.514.9385 ext. 138, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take Advantage of your Company’s Matching Gift Program. Many companies have programs that double or even triple the amount of your donation. If yours does, you can send us your employer’s matching gift form and your donation by mail.
- Donate by phone. For more information, please contact email@example.com or 212.514.9385 x138.
- Donate by mail:
Urban Green Council,
55 Broad St, 9th Floor
New York, New York 10004
Please make checks payable to Urban Green Council.
- Become an Organizational Member to demonstrate your firm's commitment to sustainability and join an influential community of real estate, design consulting and manufacturing firms who publicly support the green building movement. Includes individual membership for staff.
- Become a Sponsor for increased visibility within the Urban Green community and expanded benefits including promotion on our website, in our newsletter, and at events.