BECOME A SPONSOR OF URBAN GREEN COUNCIL
Urban Green is the essential forum for developing environmentally sound building practices in the Greater New York area, and our actions have ramifications worldwide.
During this historic time for public health, climate change, and racial equity, we know the built environment sits front and center. And as a community of green building professionals, we have a large role to play in shaping a healthy, safe and sustainable future for all. It’s no small task, but Urban Green has a history of taking on the biggest challenges and advancing the best solutions.
In 2020, we:
- Continued to play a major role on the implementation of Local Law 97 with roles on the Advisory Board and two Working Groups tasked with fleshing out the law's details for rulemaking;
- Kept area real estate and building professionals ahead of the curve through our 2020 Energy Code courses in NYC and New York State, reaching over 3,000 people;
- Developed in-depth policy options in our Trading report for NYC and cities worldwide to adopt building carbon trading--with environmental justice top of mind--and also managing the stakeholder committee for the city's trading study;
- Helped jumpstart electrification in NYC with the release of Going Electric, which identifies nine crucial steps for transitioning to heat pumps in the city’s large multifamily buildings;
- Went beyond buildings to better understand renewables in Unlocking the Grid, our biggest conference ever.
Sponsors of Urban Green receive recognition and visibility on our website, weekly newsletter, Annual Report and at events targeted to green building advocates and decision makers in the New York region and beyond. Urban Green’s newsletter reaches over 8,000 subscribers, and our educational programming attracts 4,500-plus professionals each year—architects, engineers, owners, policymakers, builders, manufacturers, and real estate professionals. View a list of our current sponsors here.
Urban Green Council is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and is completely separate from the U.S. Green Building Council. (We receive a small subsidy from USGBC each year; it covers less than two percent of our budget).
Becoming a sponsor of Urban Green Council will align your firm with New York’s most respected voice in the green building movement. Your support truly makes a difference.
Please reach out to Theresa Wetzler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.514.9385 x138 with any questions about sponsorship.
- Make a donation online!
- Join the Trust for Urban Green by making a donation of $1,000 or more. Trust benefits include Urban Green membership, invitations to exclusive special events and recognition in our Annual Report.
- Donate 0.5 percent of eligible purchases through AmazonSmile.
- Make a Gift of Appreciated Stock. Your gift of securities will entitle you to a federal charitable deduction when you itemize your tax returns, and you may deduct the full fair market value of your gift if you have held the securities for at least one year. In addition, you will avoid paying capital gains tax on all stock that you chose to donate to Urban Green Council. To make a gift of stock, please instruct your broker or bank to contact us at 212.514.9385 ext. 138, or email@example.com.
- Take Advantage of your Company’s Matching Gift Program. Many companies have programs that double or even triple the amount of your donation. If yours does, you can send us your employer’s matching gift form and your donation by mail.
- Donate by phone. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.514.9385 x138.
- Donate by mail:
Urban Green Council,
55 Broad St, 9th Floor
New York, New York 10004
Please make checks payable to Urban Green Council.
- Become an Organizational Member to demonstrate your firm's commitment to sustainability and join an influential community of real estate, design consulting and manufacturing firms who publicly support the green building movement. Includes individual membership for staff.
- Become a Sponsor for increased visibility within the Urban Green community and expanded benefits including promotion on our website, in our newsletter, and at events.