Urban Green Council, USGBC New York, is an essential resource for the region’s professionals working in all aspects of sustainable building; we provide valuable education and networking opportunities for thousands of our members and non-members each year.
We are a completely separate nonprofit from our national organization, the U.S. Green Building Council in Washington DC, and we are responsible for our own fundraising. Therefore, we look toward individuals, organizations, foundations and government to support our critical work. We help to ensure that New York will be a great place to live for generations to come by advocating for a thoughtful, sustainable approach to urban planning, development and energy policy.
You may join Urban Green Council as an individual member, or your company or organization may sponsor us.
Trust Membership (a donation of $1,000 or more) includes Urban Green membership, invitations to exclusive events throughout the year and the opportunity to network with NYC’s most committed green building advocates.
Contributions are fully tax-deductible. For questions about your membership, please contact us.
MEMBER LEVELS & BENEFITS
CORE MEMBER BENEFITS
- An individual membership with Urban Green Council that lasts 365 days from join date
- Discounted admission to Urban Green Council events including green building programs, tours and quarterly networking events
- Discounted admission to our annual conference, held in fall
- Subscription to our Urban Green Weekly e-newsletter
- Zip Car discounts, including waived application fee and $35 (50%) in annual savings
- Savings on green products and services, including 15% off at BIG Reuse's Astoria-based store (limit one per customer)
- Members are eligible to apply for our volunteer Monthly Programs and Membership Committees
- Young professionals and full-time students can also join the Emerging Professionals (EP), a coalition of future leaders in green building
GENERAL PUBLIC | $100
EMPLOYEE OF USGBC MEMBER COMPANY | $75
Are you eligible? Search your employer's USGBC member status here.
EMERGING PROFESSIONAL | $50
Under age 30
FULL-TIME STUDENT | $25
LEADERSHIP LEVEL BENEFITS
- Leadership Level Members enjoy all benefits included in preceding membership categories, as well as the following benefits:
- Urban Green Council Tote Bag
- Free Admission to Urban Green Council Public Programs, including: Educational Forums, Tours, Quarterly Member Receptions and more! Most of our educational events offer AIA and GBCI continuing education credits.
- Recognition on our Leadership Members page, and mention in our Annual Report
SUPPORTER | $250
STEWARD | $500
TRUST | $1,000
Learn more about the Trust for Urban Green.