Urban Green Council is an essential resource for the region’s professionals working in all aspects of sustainable building; we provide valuable education and networking opportunities for thousands of our members and non-members each year.
Founded in 2002, Urban Green is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit and completely separate from the U.S. Green Building Council. We look to individuals, organizations, foundations and government to support our critical work. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.514.9385 x 138.
You may join Urban Green Council as an individual member, or your company or organization may join as an Organizational Member.
Trust Membership (a donation of $1,000 or more) includes Urban Green membership, invitations to exclusive events throughout the year and the opportunity to network with NYC’s most committed green building advocates.
Please note that a membership with Urban Green Council is not a membership with USGBC, and Urban Green Members do not receive USGBC member benefits, which are only available through your employer company’s membership. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law and are nonrefundable. For questions about your membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.514.9385 x 138.
MEMBER LEVELS & BENEFITS
CORE MEMBER BENEFITS
- An individual membership with Urban Green Council that lasts 365 days from join date
- Discounted admission to Urban Green Council events including green building programs, tours and quarterly networking events
- Discounted admission to our annual conference
- Subscription to our Urban Green Weekly e-newsletter
- Zip Car discounts, including waived application fee and $35 (50%) in annual savings
- Savings on green products and services, including 15% off at BIG Reuse's Astoria-based store (limit one per customer)
- Members are eligible to apply for our volunteer Monthly Programs and Membership Committees
- Young professionals and full-time students can also join the Emerging Professionals (EP), a coalition of future leaders in green building
GENERAL PUBLIC | $100
EMPLOYEE OF USGBC MEMBER COMPANY | $75
Are you eligible? Search your employer's USGBC member status here.
EMERGING PROFESSIONAL | $50
Under age 30
FULL-TIME STUDENT | $25
LEADERSHIP LEVEL BENEFITS
- Leadership Level Members enjoy all benefits included in preceding membership categories, as well as the following benefits:
- Free Admission to Urban Green Council Public Programs, including: Educational Forums, Tours, Quarterly Member Receptions and more! Most of our educational events offer AIA and GBCI continuing education credits.
SUPPORTER | $250
STEWARD | $500
TRUST | $1,000
Learn more about the Trust for Urban Green.
Students, learn the skills you’ll need for a career in green building! Urban Green is now making it easier and more affordable for students and recent graduates to access our best-in-class education and resources! We are pleased to offer a year of free membership and training to currently enrolled university students and recent graduates. Make new connections with Urban Green, and learn the skills you'll need for a career in green building.
To sign up or learn more, please reach out to Theresa Wetzler at email@example.com.