The shift to low-carbon, energy-efficient construction is gaining momentum. These projects require an understanding of new technologies in building systems, and extra coordination across disciplines. GPRO Construction Management teaches construction professionals the specific and actionable strategies needed to integrate sustainability practices into their everyday work. This course is designed to show practitioners what they need to know at every phase of construction, and how to avoid common mistakes.
Urban Green Council is looking for GPRO Construction Management Instructors who are passionate about reducing energy use in the building industry. Using Urban Green’s proven curriculum and training materials, GPRO instructors help construction staff think differently about their day-to-day work, with the goal of making buildings healthier and more sustainable. These are part-time contractor positions paid on an hourly basis.
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course is designed for busy construction professionals. Participants take a one-day classroom training (in person or virtually) and then finish the course by selecting three hours of elective content that is most relevant to their work. Participants will leave this course with practical steps to achieve successful, sustainable, and cost-effective projects.
- Create an engaging and dynamic classroom experience
- Teach material from approved curriculum, including course PowerPoint slides and customized classroom exercises
- Prepare for, and deliver, GPRO CM training in line with established training standards while being mindful of different learning styles, making adjustments when needed
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process and answer questions throughout the course
- Debrief with Urban Green staff regularly to provide feedback on training sessions
- Participate in instructor recertification webinars, surveys and calls to stay up-to-date with curriculum
- Stay up-to-date with current practices and continually improve knowledge and understanding of the field
- Prepare and submit required documentation following courses, including, but not limited to, sign-in sheets and student evaluations
- 7-8 years minimum professional and practical experience working in building construction and or equivalent. Relevant jobs include: construction managers, general contractors, experienced tradesperson, project managers and site superintendents
- A passion for sustainability, knowledge of high-performance building practices, and willingness to learn more about the latest sustainability trends
- Enthusiasm for teaching and a sensitivity to student needs and interests
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proactive, diligent, flexible, enthusiastic and creative
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently
- Able to teach using ample real-world experience
- Available to attend required training sessions held by Urban Green
- Availability to teach classes during the workweek, as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google products and video conferencing platforms (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; Google Slides; Zoom Meeting or GoToTraining)
- Experience as a trainer or in presenting technical information in a group setting
- Experience teaching adults
To apply, please complete the application form and submit a resume and cover letter through the link.
If your application is selected, you will be required to participate in GPRO CM Instructor Training at no cost to you, but not paid. You must first pass the Instructor Training in order to become certified. This is a part-time contractor position that is available based on training needs.
GPRO is a comprehensive national training and certificate program that teaches the people who maintain, build, and renovate buildings the principles of sustainability combined with job-specific high-performance construction knowledge. Since its inception in 2010, over 16,000 building professionals and tradespeople across North America have become GPRO Certificate Holders.
ABOUT URBAN GREEN
Urban Green’s mission is to transform buildings for a sustainable future in New York City and around the world. We help develop cutting-edge policy, we educate a broad range of professionals, and we research solutions that drive policy and best practices nationally and globally. By working with both the public and private sectors, we leverage our effectiveness.