Continuing Education Credits
To receive continuing education credits and a certificate of completion, you will need to register for the course. Upon registration, a link to the course quiz will be emailed to you. To receive credit, you must answer 7 of 10 questions correctly. The quiz can be taken multiple times.
ABOUT THIS ONLINE COURSE
How will the electrification of building systems play out at the building level?
One of the first answers: heat pumps for space heating.
In this course, energy audit expert Marc Zuluaga examines how the industry might transition to heat pump technology.
Marc provides a primer explaining what heat pumps are, why they deliver a carbon benefit, and some of the pros, cons and challenges of transitioning to heat pump technology.
After this session, participants will understand:
- The benefits and challenges of heat pump technology
- Several different heat pump configurations
- How the design of buildings may change to accommodate heat pump technology
- How the carbon benefit of heat pumps grows as the electric grid gets cleaner
- Blog Post: Getting Pumped
- Blog Post: Air Source Heat Pumps: Not Just a Pipe Dream
- Building Green Article: The Cost of Comfort
- EPA Source: Stationary Refrigeration Leak Repair Requirements
- Montreal Protocol Source: Kigali Amendment