Thank you to everyone who attended our 2020 Gala!
The event included:
- 30-minute livestreamed program featuring guest speaker Dan Doctoroff, Chairman and CEO of Sidewalk Labs
- Urban Green party pack and cocktail kit delivered to your home
- Raffle (attendees will be automatically entered). We'd like to thank The Museum of Modern Art, Empire State Realty Trust and the Center for Architecture (AIA New York) for their gifts. View prizes here!
- Sneak peek of interesting trends and analysis for 10 years of NYC benchmarking data
- Themed networking rooms facilitated by industry leaders (sessions are limited in size).
5-5:30pm: Event Program Livestream
5:30-6:30: Networking Rooms (details below)
We’re excited to welcome Dan Doctoroff, Chairman and CEO of Sidewalk Labs as our guest speaker! Prior to Sidewalk Labs, an Alphabet company working to make cities more sustainable and affordable, Doctoroff was the CEO and president of Bloomberg L.P., the Deputy Mayor for Economic Development and Rebuilding for the City of New York under Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and a managing partner at Oak Hill Capital Partners, a private equity investment firm. Read more about Doctoroff here.
Join us for an hour of networking! Each room will be facilitated by a guest host. Space is limited and advance registration is required.
- Adventures in Embodied Carbon Accounting: We know we have to address embodied carbon... now! Have you started and/or completed carbon accounting on a project? Do you have the right tools? Do you want to learn more? This is the room for you!
Hosted by Thornton Tomasetti.
- Climate Technology that NYC Needs: What are some of the key technologies (existing, in development, theoretical) that will help get us to a zero-carbon future? Share your thoughts and ideas with clean-tech leaders!
Hosted by Kate Frucher (The Clean Fight) and Pat Sapinsley (Urban Future Lab).
- Getting Back to the Office: Tenants and building owners face many challenges when it comes to reoccupying buildings for work and leisure. Discuss the challenges and opportunities that exist and reimagine what the office will look after COVID-19.
Hosted by Jeff Rios (AKF Group) and Dana Schneider (Empire State Realty Trust).
- Green Trivia: Think you know all there is to know about everything green? Match wits with NYC’s top sustainability experts. Test your sustainability knowledge during this fun, fast-paced trivia game.
Hosted by Susanne DesRoches (NYC Mayor’s Office of Sustainability), Laura Popa (New York City Council), Cecil Scheib (NYU), and Silda Wall-Spitzer (New York Makers).
- Highs and Sighs of Working from Home: Do you love or hate working from home? Come discuss the highs and lows of managing your team remotely.
Hosted by Sabrina Kanner (Brookfield) and Nico Kienzl (Atelier Ten)
- Lessons from your Favorite Project Nightmares: Share your craziest construction site, real estate, or sustainability stories.
Hosted by Mark MacCracken (Trane Technologies) and Tom Scarola (Tishman Speyer)
- Speed Networking Room: Build new connections with fellow sustainability professionals during this fast-paced networking session. Using Zoom’s breakout sessions, participants will be randomly paired up for networking conversations.
- Tips and Tricks to Developing your Personal Brand: Building a personal brand can open professional opportunities and enhance your career but it can be challenging to know how to promote yourself. Join us for a lively discussion about how to build your brand.
Hosted by Drew Neisser (Renegade).