Continuing Education Credits
Low-carbon, energy-efficient construction will play a critical role in meeting increasingly stringent local and national building performance goals. These projects will require an understanding of new technologies, processes, and improved coordination across disciplines.
GPRO Construction Management provides practitioners with sustainability best practices and actionable strategies for every phase of construction, as well as how to avoid common mistakes.
This course is ideal for a range of construction professionals, including:
- Construction Managers
- General Contractors
- Experienced Tradespersons
- Trade Forepersons
- Owner's Representatives
- Project Managers and Site Superintendents
- Students and others interested in entering the building and construction industry
Participants take a one-day classroom training (in person or virtually) and then finish GPRO CM by completing three online electives that are most relevant to their work. Taught by highly knowledgeable industry professionals, participants will leave the course with practical steps to direct and manage successful, sustainable, and cost-effective projects.
This class session will be held virtually over zoom.
AFTER THIS COURSE, STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain the key coordination issues and documentation requirements that are unique to high- performance construction at each stage of a project.
- Describe responsibilities of the CM and project team to ensure building performance.
- Implement sustainable construction processes and communicate required information to subcontractors and trades.
- Coordinate testing, inspection, and commissioning activities to ensure intended performance.
- GPRO CM qualifies for 7 CEU’s for PDH, AIA, and GBCI. Three electives are required and will be online self-paced trainings that will vary in length (about 30- 60 minutes each) and range in credits - more details on this coming soon.
- Sign up here to receive updates on future CM courses.
Charles Anders Hall, Managing Director, TH Energisnal. Charles Anders Hall (PE, CEM, LEED AP, O&M, GPCP3) is a highly credentialed professional with over 45 years in energy efficiency and sustainability program development. Charles maintains leadership roles in two energy service companies, and teaches the entire suite of Urban Green Council’s GPRO courses.
NYSERDA fully subsidizes the cost of this training for anyone in one of the below groups. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to register.
- Native Americans;
- Individuals with disabilities;
- Low-income individuals, whose household’s total income is below or at 60% of the State Medium Income, or whose household has been determined eligible for or is receiving assistance through the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), or other human service benefit programs;
- Incumbent or unemployed power plant workers;
- Previously incarcerated individuals;
- 16- to 24-year-olds who are enrolled in or have completed a comprehensive work preparedness training program such as those offered by Boards of Cooperative Education Services (BOCES), technical high schools, Conservation Corps, Youthbuild, and AmeriCorps. The training program must include a combination of rigorous clean energy education with hands-on technical training. Eligibility of work preparedness programs under this category will be considered on a case-by-case basis.;
- Homeless individuals;
- Single parents.
THANK YOU TO THE MANY ADVISORS WHO HELPED DEVELOP THIS COURSE
Bret Mantyk, Associate, Atelier 10
Charles Hall, Managing Director, Thor’s Hammare Energisnal, LLC
Christine McHugh, Managing Director, Corporate Real Estate
Dee Davis CEM, LEED AP, Davis Consulting Management Group
Filomena Nigro, Assistant Project Manager, CNY Group
Jennifer Urrutia, Sustainability Project Manager, JRM Construction Management
Jodi Smits Anderson, Director Sustainability Programs, DASNY
Kay Copp Brown, Assistant Professor of Green Building Technology, Rockland Community College
Lonnie Coplen, President, ARC Alternative and Renewable Construction, LLC
Nash Emrich, Senior Consultant, Paladino and Company
Oliver Holmes, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Patricia Lozano, Architect, COOKFOX Architects
Peter Church, Senior Field Representative, DASNY
Ryan Hughes, Senior Sustainability Manager, LendLease
Shari Hyman, Director, Government Affairs and External Relations, Turner Construction
Vanessa Hostick, Sustainable Design Leader, HOK
If you are unable to attend your scheduled course date, sign up for a future class at no additional cost by emailing email@example.com. We understand that your plans may change and are happy to refund your registration fee within 90 days of purchase. Requests for session changes and/or refunds must be received at least a week in advance of the course date. Memberships and donations are nonrefundable.
Urban Green uses Organizational Values to guide our work. As part of our commitment to fostering inclusive and respectful dialogue, we ask that all participants are mindful of these values during our course discussion.