Continuing Education Credits
This class will be held in-person at the Counterpointe Sustainable Real Estate office in Greenwich, CT.
Crushing the Code New York State: Commercial is a course that prepares building and design professionals in New York State to comply with the many requirements in the 2020 ECCCNYS and design more energy-efficient buildings in the process. In an era of more stringent code enforcement, the course provides critical knowledge about significant changes, new provisions and best practices to avoid objections and stalled projects.
By the end of this full-day course, participants will:
- Understand the structure and rationale behind the energy code, including the new provisions of the 2020 ECCCNYS;
- Differentiate between the various compliance pathways, including required testing and documentation;
- Recognize the interdependence of the building envelope, mechanical and lighting systems and their impacts on energy code compliance;
- Identify areas for improved project communication and coordination to support compliance.
Note: This course is not intended for those who want to learn energy modeling or how to use COMcheck or REScheck, but will teach you the prescriptive requirements that underlie those programs.
Each Crushing the Code NYS course is live and interactive, led by a certified instructor with more than seven years of professional building or design experience, a passion for sustainability, and in-depth knowledge of the green building industry.
Please note, this class is in-person at the Counterpointe Sustainable Real Estate office, with limited class size. All attendees will be required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 before they enter the office. A staff member will be checking proof of vaccination upon arrival. Students who are not vaccinated or fail to provide proper vaccine identification will not be permitted inside the office. The following are acceptable proof of vaccination:
- Your CDC vaccination card — A photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable.
- NYC vaccination record or other official immunization record from within or outside the U.S., including from your health care provider. A photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable.
- NYC COVID Safe App — You can upload to this app a photo of your CDC vaccination card or other official record, along with your photo ID.
- Excelsior Pass — To use this app, you will need the phone number or email address associated with your NYC vaccination record. If you are unable to use this app, try one of the other options listed above.
Please also bring some form of personal identification that staff can match with your proof of vaccination.
Lunch will be provided for all students that register by December 1st. If you have any dietary restrictions that you would like us to consider please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The course has been approved for 7 GBCI, AIA LU-HSW and PDH credits and 0.7 ICC credits. Please provide a member number if you’re seeking CEUs. Advance registration is required for this course. If you are a student or Code Enforcement Official, reach out to email@example.com for free course admission. If you are unable to attend or miss your scheduled course date, sign up for a future ECODE class at no additional cost by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We understand that your plans may change and are happy to refund your registration fee within 90 days of purchase. Requests for session changes and/or refunds must be received at least a week in advance of the course date. Memberships and donations are nonrefundable.
Urban Green uses Organizational Values to guide our work. As part of our commitment to fostering inclusive and respectful dialogue, we ask that all participants are mindful of these values during our course discussion.
Owner, Energy Master LI Building Consultants
Energy Master LI Building Consultants is a Multi-service provider and consulting firm that provides testing and consulting services to clients in the building market. Rich is a member of and holds multiple certifications from the Building Performance Institute, and is NYS Certified Code Enforcement Official. Rich is also a Certified LEED AP for Homes, LEED Green Rater, and Passive House Rater/Verifier.