Continuing Education Credits
The new Energy Code is now in effect! Conquering the Energy Code: Residential prepares architects and engineers in New York State to comply with the many new requirements in the 2015 NYS Energy Conservation Construction Code and design more energy-efficient buildings in the process. In an era of more stringent code enforcement, the course provides critical knowledge about significant changes, new provisions, and best practices to avoid objections and stalled projects.
“I learned a tremendous amount which I have been able to apply immediately. Although I have been involved in a Passive House project and have had Building Science consult on an indoor pool project, taking this class enhanced my knowledge and clarified how the energy code may be implemented in NY." —Conquering the Code student
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand the structure and rationale behind the energy code, and know how to navigate it;
- Be able to differentiate the various compliance pathways and understand the requirements for compliance on residential projects;
- Understand the interdependence of the building envelope, mechanical and lighting systems and their impacts on energy consumption;
- Know what to expect at progress inspections;
- Sharpen communications and coordination with clients, the design team, code officials and the construction team to remove barriers to compliance.
Download the course outline here.
Note: This course is not intended for people who want to learn energy modeling or how to use COMcheck or REScheck, but will teach you the prescriptive requirements that underlie those programs.
Each Conquering the Energy Code course is led by a certified instructor with more than five years of professional architecture or engineering experience, a passion for sustainability, and in-depth knowledge of the green building industry.
- $75 course fee includes a course manual.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring a copy of the 2015 IECC Code Book.
CEO credits must be requested at least 30-days prior to the course date. Residential courses do not qualify for PDHs.
Advance registration is required for this course; unfortunately, we cannot accept walk-ins.
Requests to change course dates must be placed at least one week in advance of the scheduled class by emailing the Energy Code Training Team. If you cannot attend their scheduled course date due to an emergency, please call 212-514-9385 x126 as soon as possible. Note that any requests for refund will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
See the complete list of Energy Code courses here.
Thanks to our partner