Continuing Education Credits
The new Energy Code is now in effect! Conquering the Energy Code: Commercial prepares architects and engineers in New York State to comply with the many new requirements in the 2015 NYS Code and design more energy-efficient buildings in the process. In an era of more stringent code enforcement, the course provides critical knowledge about significant changes, new provisions, and best practices to avoid objections and stalled projects.
“The course was very informative and provided a good overview of the Energy Code in general and the new changes in particular. It certainly increased my knowledge of the code and gave me a handle on how to address requirements in future jobs. Our instructor was interesting and effective in how she presented the material and engaged the class” –Roy Leone, Conquering the Energy Code student
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand the structure and rationale behind the energy code, and know how to navigate it;
- Be able to differentiate the various compliance pathways and understand the requirements for compliance on commercial projects;
- Understand the interdependence of the building envelope, mechanical and lighting systems and their impacts on energy consumption;
- Know what to expect at progress inspections;
- Sharpen communications and coordination with clients, the design team, code officials and the construction team to remove barriers to compliance.
Download the course outline here.
Note: This course is not intended for people who want to learn energy modeling or how to use COMcheck or REScheck, but will teach you the prescriptive requirements that underlie those programs.
Each Conquering the Energy Code course is led by a certified instructor with more than five years of professional architecture or engineering experience, a passion for sustainability, and in-depth knowledge of the green building industry.
- $75 course fee includes a course manual.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring a copy of the 2015 IECC Code Book.
CEO credits must be requested at least 30-days prior to the course date. Advance registration is required for this course; unfortunately we cannot accept walk-ins.
Requests to change course dates must be placed at least one week in advance of the scheduled class by emailing the Energy Code Training Team. If you cannot attend the scheduled course date due to an emergency, please call 212-514-9385 x126 as soon as possible. Note that any requests for refund will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
This class is sold out!
Thanks to our partners