Urban Green Council, USGBC New York, is an essential resource for the region’s professionals working in all aspects of sustainable building; we provide valuable education and networking opportunities for thousands of our members and non-members each year.
We are a completely separate nonprofit from our national organization, the U.S. Green Building Council in Washington DC, and we are responsible for our own fundraising. Therefore we look toward individuals, organizations, foundations and government to support our critical work. We help to ensure that New York will be a great place to live for generations to come by advocating for a thoughtful, sustainable approach to urban planning, development, and energy policy.
You may join Urban Green Council as an individual member, or your company or organization may sponsor us. Contributions are fully tax-deductible. For questions about your membership, please contact us.
MEMBER LEVELS & BENEFITS
CORE MEMBER BENEFITS
- An individual membership with Urban Green Council that lasts 365 days from join date
- Discounted admission to Urban Green Council events including green building programs, tours, and quarterly networking events
- Admission to our members-only annual conference, held in early fall.
- Subscription to our Urban Green Weekly e-newsletter
- Savings on green products and services: $50 off Zip Car annual membership and 15% off at BIG Reuse's Astoria-based store (limit one per customer)
- Members are eligible to apply for our volunteer Monthly Programs and Membership Committees
- Young professionals and full-time students can also join the Emerging Professionals (EP), a coalition of future leaders in green building
GENERAL PUBLIC | $100
EMPLOYEE OF USGBC MEMBER COMPANY | $75
Are you eligible? Search your employer's USGBC member status here.
EMERGING PROFESSIONAL | $50
Under age 30
FULL-TIME STUDENT | $25
LEADERSHIP LEVEL BENEFITS
- Leadership Level Members enjoy all benefits included in preceding membership categories, and the following benefits:
- Urban Green Council Tote Bag
- Free Admission to Urban Green Council Public Programs, including: Educational Forums, Tours, Quarterly Member Receptions and more! Almost all of our educational events offer AIA and GBCI continuing education credit hours.
- Recognition on our Leadership Members page, and mention in our Annual Report
SUPPORTER | $250
STEWARD | $500
GUARDIAN | $1,000
KEYSTONE | $5,000
LIFETIME MEMBER | $10,000